Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @AHANewYorkCity #LifeIsWhyNYC #GoRedNYC
New York City Social Media Ambassadors
If you like social media and are passionate about ending heart disease and stroke, this is the volunteer opportunity for you! At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we use social media as an opportunity to share stories, spread messages and raise awareness. By joining social media efforts, we can engage with more people and ultimately save more lives! Remember, you are powerful – sharing content through your personal network can influence friends, family and even strangers to make healthier decisions. Every month we will provide lifesaving content to share on your social media channels. Feel free to copy and paste.
January and February 2019 message: Wear Red Day and Go Red for Women
Be relentless in support of women’s health! Let’s come together to prevent heart disease and stroke on Friday, February 1st – Wear Red Day!
You can help us promote Wear Red Day and the Go Red For Women movement by encouraging your friends, fans and followers to think about how they will go red and who they will go red for! Try one of the below ideas to get started or simply copy and paste our suggested content. Be sure to follow @AHANewYorkCity and include #WearRedandGive and #GoRedNYC in all your social media posts.
Ideas to Get Started
- Post on social media using #WearRedAndGive or #GoRedNYC throughout January and February.
- Share how cardiovascular diseases or stroke have impacted your life and ask others to do the same.
- Post a picture of yourself wearing red and encourage others to do the same.
- Turn your Facebook profile red and encourage friends and family to do the same.
- Share the link to your fundraising page on Facebook and Twitter (set-up at WearRedDay.org.)
- Plan a fun group photo wearing red and share on social media to raise awareness.
Sample Messages & Graphics
- Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women, killing more women than all forms of cancer combined. It’s time to change this fact. It’s time to be demanding when it comes to women’s heart health and ask others to do the same. It’s time to go red! #GoRedNYC
- A woman you know and love may be affected by cardiovascular diseases — at any age. Be relentless in support of women’s health by wearing red on Friday, February 1st. #GoRedNYC
- Join me in wearing red on Friday, February 1st to support the Go Red for Women movement and the hearts of our mothers, daughters, sisters and friends. #GoRedNYC
For more information about becoming a NYC Social Media Ambassador,
please contact Diego Ortiz Quintero email@example.com