Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @AHANewYorkCity #LifeIsWhyNYC #GoRedNYC
New York City Social Media Ambassadors
If you like social media and are passionate about ending heart disease and stroke, this is the volunteer opportunity for you! At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we use social media as an opportunity to share stories, spread messages and raise awareness. By joining us in our social media efforts, we can engage with more people and ultimately save more lives! Remember, you are powerful – sharing content through your personal network can influence friends, family and even strangers to make healthier decisions. Every month we will provide lifesaving content to share on your social media channels. Feel free to copy and paste.
December 2018 message: Get Covered NYC
New Health Insurance Marketplaces are open in New York State that will provide one-stop shopping for health insurance for individuals, families, and small employers needing coverage. Access to health insurance is a crucial component of long-term health. If you have health insurance you can go to the doctor for preventive services and get the care that you need to stay healthy and prevent serious illnesses; be treated sooner if you or one of your family member get sick or diagnosed with a heart condition; and avoid having the condition worsen.
If you have heart disease or stroke, health insurance can help. You’re more likely to get the care you need, have shorter hospital stays and get healthier compared to people without health insurance.
Heart disease and stroke can be very expensive; in fact, they are leading causes of medical bankruptcy. Health insurance can help you avoid being stuck with large medical bills. Let’s help spread awareness about the open enrollment period!
Sample social media messages:
- The holiday season is here and so is Open Enrollment season! Give thanks for good health, and make sure you stay covered by finding a health insurance plan at https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/ Open enrollment lasts through January 31. #lifeiswhynyc #GetCoveredNYC
- If you have heart disease or stroke, health insurance can help you get the care you need. Now’s the time to sign up for health insurance https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/ #lifeiswhynyc #getcoveredNYC #OpenEnrollment continues through Jan. 31 in NY.
- There is still time to enroll in quality, affordable health insurance — but you have to act quickly. Head to https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/ and sign your family up today. #lifeiswhynyc #GetCoveredNYC #OpenEnrollment continues through Jan. 31 in NY.
- #ThursdayThoughts: Time is running out to #GetCoveredNYC! Sign up for low- or no-cost health insurance before Jan. 31, 2019. More info: https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/ #lifeiswhynyc
- There is nothing more valuable than health, and having access to affordable health insurance is crucial to preventing #heartdisease and #stroke. The #openenrollment period for the Affordable Care Act is happening right now. Don’t delay — head to https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/ and sign your family up for quality health care today. #GetCoveredNYC #lifeiswhynyc
For more information about becoming a NYC Social Media Ambassador,
please contact Diego Ortiz Quintero firstname.lastname@example.org